Monday, June 22, 2009

Julie & Julia


It's very rarely that I find a book I know is already coming out as a movie that I want to read so much, but this is the one. Welcome to our newest book club selection!

Julie & Julia has been called "Bridget Jones meets the French Chef" among other things. The first 5 pages of the copy I picked up are glowing reviews from just about EVERYONE.

This should be a fascinating and easy summer read. I want everyone to have ample time to read it, so pick it up on your way home tonight from Borders or Barnes & Noble, or order it on Amazon.

Our next meeting will be Tuesday, August 12th. Location will be announced later. I'd also like to talk about meeting the following week to watch the film. I can't wait for you to read this!

***side note: for anyone still reading Walden, we will have a side discussion about the book. I intend to continue reading it but at a slower pace.***


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment