Wednesday, September 9, 2009

wish i would've known!

so here lately our daily internet access has been somewhat limited, and my night time internet access has been sucked into an asian oblivion-of-a-game called "restaurant city". i don't wish to speak of it any more, but it sure has wasted a lot of my precious time, which i could have been lending to reading, painting, singing, making jewelry, kissing, etc. BUT, enough of that- this is our Book Club Blog, and as such, I must apologize for the madness which has been this page for probably the better part of two weeks. I downloaded a very cool layout that ended up making the page unable to view for some time. So my apologies to my dear club friends and subscribers. We are back in business and all is well.

If you have been reading along, please note that book club meets again on Tuesday, September 22nd. I was tossing around the idea of a pool party as suggested, but I think it may be too cold/ wet/ late for us to pull it off. Plus, I think this will be a good one to really dig into. I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I have this time! Even if you have not started it yet, you STILL have time! It's long, but it's a quick read, and once you hit midway, you won't be disappointed you decided to read along. I'm looking for 10 commitments this time, please let me know if you plan on coming, and please bring a friend as well. You can bring a finger food/snack, wine or other drinks or welcome also. I'm looking at some deep, dark fall choices and I can't wait to share them with you all!!! Please let me know if you are interested in hosting, or we will do it back at our pad again. We love to host, but we are always open to others hosting. It really isn't a kid-friendly event, so I'd like to keep it adults only. Message me here, on our facebook group or my personal email if you have any further questions.

So, to reiterate, the book is Then We Came to The End , by Joshua Ferris. The next meet-up will be September 22nd, 7 pm.

Can't wait to see you all there! Happy reading, and more to come.....


Cheers~

Shylah

No comments:

Post a Comment